Why’s and How’s of Professional Networking Online
I got the privilege of speaking at the annual Oregon chapter meeting of the American Health Information Management Association (OrHIMA) on leveraging the web for professional networking. I figured I’d record the dry run so anyone else interested in the talk could take a look.
- What is professional networking online (aka professional social networking)?
- Why is it worth it?
- What are some of the key tools?
- Generic communities (FaceBook groups, LinkedIn groups, Yahoo! Groups)
- Specific communities (Codapedia.com, AskLeslie.net, etc.)
- Your community (blogging & twitter)
- How to get started
There’s a lot more information on this subject that I’d love an excuse to share, so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .