Nimbus Health on Cloud Security & Scale
The folks at Amazon Web Services invited me to speak at an event last week focused on helping enterprise customers understand how they could leverage cloud services.
Considering we store sensitive information like electronic medical records in the cloud, they asked me to speak on how AWS can be HIPAA compliant, as well as how we scale our services. Here’s the presentation I put together:Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Who is Nimbus Health & what we’re building
- Why we chose AWS over traditional hosting
- Why we prefer virtual servers over physical servers
- Why we think cloud hosting is more secure from a HIPAA perspective than traditional hosting
- How we use EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto-Scaling and Cloud Watch to automatically resize our infrastructure based on load
Some of the above won’t come through without my commentary, but perhaps when I get a moment I’ll record some.
Questions, comments, concerns? Let’s hear ‘um.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .